Monday, July 22, 2019

It's Monday! What are you reading? July 22, 2019

A great meme hosted by Jen at Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee at Unleashing Readers. A place for people to talk about books they have recently read and are currently reading. Also a great place to find books to add to your "must read" list.

Here is what I have recently read (click on the title to learn more about the book):
By Tara Westover
I'm not a huge fan of this phrase, but this one definitely had "all the feels"! I cried, I laughed, I was shocked, I was enraged, and I couldn't put it down once I got into it! Go find yourself a copy today!

By Jasmine Warga
A really important story that should be in all MG classrooms. A bit too old for my 4th grade classroom, but I would say appropriate for grades 6 and up.

By Katherine Applegate
Katherine Applegate is one of my heart authors, so of course I had to read her newest series! The first book, The Last, came out last year and The First came out in May (and no, I didn't mix up the titles!). Applegate has created quite a world for the main character Byx, a dairne who is afraid that she is the last of her kind. I was happy to rejoin Byx and her friends as they continued on their quest to find more dairnes.

Here is what I am currently reading (click on the title to learn more about the book):
By Jessica Townsend
Still really enjoying the audio version of this one!

By Chris Rylander
Just starting this one, but I have heard good things!

12 comments:

  1. I love Applegate too, but haven't started on the Endling series yet. I need to! Other Words for Home also looks fantastic. Have a great reading week!

    https://wendimlee.blogspot.com/2019/07/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_22.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, both really good!
      Thanks Wendi, you too!

      Delete
  2. I've read and enjoyed all that you shared & was sometimes Enraged, too, in Educated. I love the Endling books! The ones you're currently reading are new, so thanks for those titles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to see that you are reading Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow. I just discovered that the third one is going to be published next year. I finished Other Words For Home a couple of weeks ago. I'm always amazed by what grade four kids read. I figure if they will read The Hunger Game with their parent's consent, a book like that is fine. In the library, I might warn them about a book, but usually, if I say I wouldn't want my 9 year old to read a book, it's good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good points Cheriee!
      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. I have read the first in the Endling and Wundersmith series but haven't caught up with the sequels yet. I might check out the Chris Rylander book as the title is pretty funny. Thanks for all the shares!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to find Wundersmith in audio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's so good! I got it through audible.

      Delete
  6. I absolutely ADORE the Nevermoor world so I'm tickled every time I hear of others who are into it. I even liked Wundersmith more than the first book. Book #3 can't be published soon enough! I also enjoyed Other Words for Home and I have Educated and The First (Endling #2) on my TBR list. Thanks for all the shares!

    ReplyDelete