Monday, September 9, 2019

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? September 9, 2019

A great meme hosted by Jen at Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee at Unleashing Readers. A place for people to talk about books they have recently read and are currently reading. A great place to find books to add to your "must read" list!

Here are the books I have recently read (click on the title to learn more about the book):
By Randy Ribay
Really powerful book and interestingly enough, one of the many books I read this summer set in the Philippines! Unfortunately this one is YA and wont be going into my classroom library.

By Delia Owens
I don't normally read "adult" books, but this one was getting so much buzz that I needed to check it out! In my opinion the hype was well deserved! The very last chapter or two might not have been necessary, but overall I really enjoyed this story about Marsh Girl Kya. I listened to the audiobook, which was narrated by Cassandra Campbell, who I really enjoy listening to!

By Alex Gino
I was excited to see another book by Alex Gino and had to read it! Another powerful story that deals with lots of issues in a way that is appropriate for younger audiences. I will be purchasing a copy for my classroom, but will most likely make sure I know my students before placing it on the general shelves.

By J.A. White
I knew this one was a bit on the creepy side, and normally I stay away from that type of book. But I kept hearing about it, and it's on our state's book award list this year, so I decided to give it a read! Turns out it was just the right amount of creepy for me!

By Gail D Villanueva
Another good one that covers some serious topics. Again, I will keep this one in my classroom closet until I get to know my students a bit better.

By Mae Respicio
I really enjoyed this one and will definitely be purchasing a copy for my class library!

By Kate Hannigan
I really liked this book and the fact that it was inspired by real life women from the WWII era! I also liked that Kate Hannigan worked in some graphic novel pages to really help the reader get a sense of the action.

By Taryn Souders
This one was one of my last reads of the summer. It's a cute story about a girl named Chloe and how she tries to make the most out of being sent away to camp for part of the summer.

Here is what I am currently reading (click on the title to learn more about the book):

By Jonathan Auxier
I love everything I read by Jonathan Auxier! I had recently listened to the audiobook of Peter Nimble and loved the story and the narrator. Sophie Quire is narrated by the same person, Michael Page, and I am really enjoying it so far!

By P.G. Bell
Fun fantasy story that I am also enjoying so far!

5 comments:

  1. You have some really great titles on your list, this week! I really enjoyed You Don't Know Everything, Jilly P!, NIghtbooks, and The House That Lou Built. I have Patron Saints of Nothing checked out right now, so I hope to get to it before the end of the month. Like you, I've heard such wonderful things about Where the Crawdads Sing. I'll probably be adding that one to my #MustReadin2020 list. Thank you for all these wonderful shares, Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Where the Crawdads Sing, glad you enjoyed it! I have a few of the other books you shared on my list, but not all. Thanks for sharing them, putting them on the ever-growing list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it true, the list is ever growing!
      My pleasure as always Linda!

      Delete
  3. Nightbooks is on my TBR and several of these others look really cute and fun!

    ReplyDelete