Monday, February 12, 2018

It's Monday! What are you reading? February 12, 2018


A great meme hosted by Jen at Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee at Unleashing Readers! A place for people to talk about books they have recently read and are currently reading. Also a great place to find books to add to your "must read" list!

Here is what I have recently read (click on the title to learn more about the book):
By Erin Entrada Kelly

After a few weeks of having this book as my independent reading time book in the classroom, I finally found enough time to finish it! I really enjoyed this book and think that there is something for almost every kid to connect with in this story. The two main characters deal with a number of difficult situations throughout the book. From parents getting divorced, to family illness, to a changing friendship, to getting picked on at school, this story has something for everyone!

By Kristine Asselin & Jen Malone

Stay tuned for a full review of this great book later in the week!

By Roshani Chokshi

I really enjoyed following Aru on her adventures trying to save the world. I am also a big fan of mythology and really enjoyed learning about Hindu mythology! Fans of Greek and Roman mythology will be quickly sucked into this book!

Here is what I am currently reading (click on the title to learn more about the book):
By Terry Brooks

I have always been a huge fantasy fan and used to read quite a bit of adult fantasy back in the day. Then of course I became a teacher and was introduced to the wonderful world of children's literature! I mostly just read children's lit and middle grade fiction now, but every once in a while I will go back to my roots and read an adult fantasy book. I decided to read The Black Elfstone because I had read all the previous Shannara series books that Terry Brooks had written years and years ago and I remember really enjoying them. I am currently listening to this one on audible and I am really enjoying the story, as well as the narrator!

By John David Anderson

I am a fan of John David Anderson so I was excited to get my hands on a copy of this ARC at NCTE back in November. This one is rather thick and I didn't really have time for it up until now. I just started it and am looking forward to getting further into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment