Monday, November 6, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? November 6, 2017


A great meme hosted by Jen at Teach Mentor Texts and and Kellee at Unleashing Readers! A place for people to talk about books they have recently read and are currently reading. Also a great place to find books to add to your "must read" list!

Here is what I have recently read (click on the title to learn more about the book):
By Celia C. Perez

I have been looking forward to reading this one for awhile! I had heard so much about it over the summer and into the fall. I wasn't sure if it would be too old for my 4th grade classroom so I wanted to request it from the library first. It was so popular that I had to wait a few weeks until it was available! 
I have to say it was worth the wait! I really enjoyed getting to know Malu and traveling along on her move to Chicago. I enjoyed watching her try to figure out what type of person she wanted to be. I liked learning about her hispanic heritage, about what she thinks it means to be "punk", as well as how to make a zine! Malu makes some great friends at her new school and near the end of the book, might just have found a way to reconcile la senorita that her mom wants her to be with the punk that she wants to be.

Here is what I am currently reading (click on the title to learn more about the book):
By Rita Williams-Garcia

Finally got some time in the classroom to really start getting into this one. I think my students will be given some extra independent reading time this afternoon! ;)

By Kimberly Brubaker Bradley

The War That Saved My Life was one of my favorite books of last year so I was very excited to learn that there was more to Ada's story. I started this one yesterday afternoon and had a really hard time putting it down at bedtime! Can't wait to get back to it tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment