Monday, September 4, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? September 4, 2017



A great meme hosted by Jen at Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee at Unleashing Readers! A place for people to talk about the books they have recently read and are currently reading. A great place to find books to add to your "must read" list!

Here is what I have recently read (click on the title to learn more about the book):
Last week was back to school for me so I didn't get much reading in! 

By William Joyce

Scroll down to see my full review of Ollie's Odyssey!

Here is what I am currently reading (click on the title to learn more about the book):

By Robert Hoge

In my 4th grade classroom we are starting the school year with Wonder as our first read aloud. I wanted to read it to my students before the movie comes out in November. This book is one of my all time favorites so I was very intrigued to start Ugly by Robert Hoge. I am hoping that it will be appropriate for my classroom, as I am sure a number of my students will be interested to read Robert's memoir.

By Mira Bartok

I'm not too far into this one yet, but I already love the fantasy nature of this story!


10 comments:

  1. The Wonderling is an amazing fantasy! Enjoyed that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, really enjoying it so far Lisa! Cant wait to get further into it!

      Delete
  2. I've bookmarked all three! Each sounds wonderful! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I listened to an interview on CBC radio with Robert Hoge. His explanation of why he was left at the hospital is very different from the book blurb. Still, I'm hoping to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, interesting. I was very intrigued by the book and would love to learn more about Robert!

      Delete
  4. I have Wonderling to read but I haven't heard much of it yet, I'll be interested in hearing your thoughts!
    I've heard some rumblings about the Robert Hoge book too... might be a book to read and then do some nonfiction searching...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely Michele! I also think it will be a good nonfiction follow up to Wonder.

      Delete
  5. I received Wonderling as a review copy, and looking forward to reading it soonest. I am excited to see a new William Joyce picturebook! I am a huge fan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying it so far Myra!
      The William Joyce book has quite a few pictures, but is actually a chapter book, quite a thick chapter book actually :)

      Delete