Monday, October 15, 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? October 15, 2018


A great meme hosted by Jen at Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee at Unleashing Readers. A place for people to talk about books they have recently read and are currently reading. Also a great place to find books to add to your "must read" list.

Here is what I am currently reading (click on the title to learn more about the book):
By  Deborah Ellis, Aircraft Pictures, Cartoon Saloon, and Melusine

Great graphic novel adaptation! A little heavy, but I think still appropriate for my 4th grade classroom.

By Diane Wynne Jones

Fairly long story, but enjoyable!

By Jen Wang

Young adult graphic novel with a great message about not being afraid to be who you are and also about accepting those we love the way they are.

By Joanne Rocklin

Told as a set of letters from the main character, Penny, to her yet to be born sibling. I loved the way this story appropriately dealt with issues such as a racism and what it's like to have gay/lesbian parents. This story also appropriately talks about, as the characters called it, "the facts of life", using real terms for things and not using any slang. Unfortunately this chapter went a little too deep, which makes this book inappropriate for my 4th graders.

By Alan Gratz

I have loved all of the Alan Gratz books that I have read to date so I was excited to start this one. This one is a completely different type of story then his usual historic fiction stories, but I loved it! I cant wait to book talk it this week!

These are the books I am currently reading (click on the title to learn more about the book):

By Cindy Baldwin

I have heard some really good things about this one, but only just started it today!

By Dalai Lama, Desmond Tutu and Douglas Abrams

Very entertaining audiobook so far! Getting my joy on! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment