Monday, August 27, 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading! August 27, 2018


A great meme hosted by Jen at Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee at Unleashing Readers. A place for people to talk about books they have recently read and are currently reading. Also a great place to find books to add to your "must read" list.

Here is what I have recently read (click on the title to learn more about the book):
By Leslie C. Youngblood

This is the story of Georgie and how she is dealing with her new blended family. Georgie desperately wants her new stepsister to like her, but doesn't realize that, because of this, she is beginning to "neglect" her own younger sister who absolutely adores her. When her younger sister falls ill, she feels extremely guilty that she was worrying more about her older stepsister then her younger actual sister.

By George R.R. Martin

Being a George RR Martin fan, I have had this one on my bookshelf for quite some time. I was looking for a quick read the other day and unearthed this one from the back of the bookshelf. It was definitely a quick read, but also a good little story!

By Caroline Starr Rose

This coming school year I have the good fortune to be part of the #KidsNeedMentors program and have been lucky enough to be paired up with author Caroline Starr Rose! She sent me a copy of one of her books to introduce to my classroom. It is a fairly quick read as it is a novel written in verse. The main character is sent to live with a "neighbor" to help him with his new homestead and to help make his new city wife comfortable with prairie living. Something happens and May is left alone to brave the winter by herself.

By Erin Entrada Kelly

So far I have enjoyed everything I have read from Erin Entrada Kelly. This title is no different! I really enjoyed this moving story about Sol and her sister Ming and the hardships they endure when they are left in America with their evil stepmother.

By Margi Preus

An interesting story that blends fairy tale with reality. Set in Norway, this story follows Astri who is sold by her aunt to a mean goat farmer to basically be his slave. She escapes and sets off to get her little sister and find a way to America where she hopes their father is waiting for them.

Here is what I am currently reading (click on the title to learn more about the book):
By Pernille Ripp

I saved this one for right before I went back to school because I knew it would get me energized and excited for the upcoming school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment