Monday, May 28, 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? May 28, 2018


A great meme hosted by Jen at Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee at Unleashing Readers! A place for people to talk about books they have recently read and are currently reading. Also a great place to find books to add to your "must read" list.

Here is what I have recently read (click on the title to learn more about the book):
By Kelly Yang

I finished this one in just 2-3 days! A very interesting story about an immigrant family who is trying to make it in America. The main character Mia, and her parents, end up managing a hotel under the harsh supervision of the mean and racist owner. The thing that made this story even more interesting was the fact that much of it is based on the author's life! I think it may become my first or second read aloud next school year.

By Stephanie Burgis

This title is on our state's student book award list (Maine Student Book Award) for 2018-2019 so I decided to give it a read! An entertaining story about a young female dragon who sneaks out of her families cave in order to prove herself. She's only out of her cave for a few minutes when she is tricked by a mage and is turned into a human. The rest of the story is how she survives as a human and how she finally figures out what her passion is. I can see why this one made the list and imagine it will be passed around the classroom quite a few times next school year!

Here is what I am currently reading (click on the title to learn more about the book):
By Kieran Larwood

Still reading this one during independent reading time in my classroom. Still enjoying it!

By John David Anderson

This one has been in my to read pile to quite a while. I finally decided to read it because it is also on our student book award list for 2018-2019. I am only on the second chapter, but I have high hopes!

By Daniel Rechtschaffen

I am reading this one for a graduate level course I am taking this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment