Monday, April 2, 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? April 2, 2018

March was a busy month for me with parent/teacher conferences, report cards, state testing, etc and I let my blog posting slide a bit. I didn't let my reading slide though! Check out all of the great books I read in March!

A great meme hosted by Jen at Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee at Unleashing Readers! A place for people to talk about books they have recently read and are currently reading. Also a great place to find books to add to your "must read" list!

Here is what I have recently read (click on the title to learn more about the book):
By Holly Black

I listened to the audiobook of this one and really enjoyed it! I am a fan of Holly Black and liked the more "grown up" feel of this story.

By Phil Bildner

I had fun reading this book alongside one of my students. I appreciated the diverse set of characters that Bildner put into this story and I look forward to reading more about Rip and Red in Rookie of the Year!

By Nikki Grimes

As always, Nikki Grimes doesn't disappoint! I loved everything about this book: the way it was written, the characters, the topic, the message...everything!

By Neil Patrick Harris

How could I pass up reading an early MG fantasy book written by Doogie Howser/Barney Stinson! Well I couldn't and I am glad I didn't. A very fun and entertaining book about family, friendship, and of course, magic! Looking forward to the next one, The Magic Misfits: The Second Story!

Hello, Universe
By Erin Entrada Kelly

This year's Newbery medal winner so of course I had to read it as soon as I could get my hands on a copy! Get it, read it!

Adapted By Mariah Marsden

Loved watching Anne of Green Gables when I was a kid and loved this graphic novel adaptation!

By Leslie Connor

I had been hearing a lot of buzz bout this book so was very excited when it showed up in my students Scholastic book order flyers! I purchased a copy for my classroom, but took it home so that I could read it first. I truly enjoyed getting to know Mason and couldn't put the book down as I watched his story unfold.

Here is what I am currently reading (click on the title to learn more about the book):
By Heather Vogel Frederick

This one had been sitting on my shelf for quite some time and I finally decided to open it up and give it a read! Only a few chapters in, but so far so good!

By Peter Brown

I read The Wild Robot to my students last year and we all loved it so much that I immediately preordered The Wild Robot Escapes! It just came out about two weeks ago and I only have a few chapters remaining. I don't usually enjoy sequels as much as the first book, but that is not the case with Roz! Loved the first one and am loving the second one as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment