Monday, February 26, 2018

It's Monday! What are you reading? February 26, 2018


A great meme hosted by Jen at Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee at Unleashing Readers! A place for people to talk about books they have recently read and are currently reading. Also a great place to find books to add to your "must read list"!

Here is what I have recently read (click on the title to learn more about the book):
By John David Anderson

I finished this one over vacation and really enjoyed it! I loved the idea of it, of there being fairies who are in charge of granting a small collection of human wishes. I also enjoyed the tenacity and bravery of Ophelia Fidgets as she headed out on her first wish granting mission that didn't exactly go as planned. Instead of giving up and heading back home, even when all odds seem to be against her, Ophelia keeps going and is determined to find, and grant, her first wish. Along the way she befriends a very friendly stray dog whom she names Sam. The two of them stick together and work to find Ophelia's wish so that her first mission is a successful one. When Ophelia finally tracks down her wish, she comes across a second wish and has to decide if any one wish can be more important than another.

By Terry Brooks

Yup, still a sucker for adult fantasy stories and still enjoy Terry Brooks! I really enjoyed listening to the audiobook of this one and was bummed when it was over. Thankfully I only have to wait a few months until book #2 comes out!

By Jason Reynolds

After the audiobook of Long Way Down received an Odyssey Honor (among many other awards) at the ALA awards in early February, I knew that I was going to be listening to this one before I read the physical book. When I found out that Jason Reynolds was the one narrating the story, I immediately purchased it through Audible! This one definitely didn't disappoint! An amazing YA story told by an amazing author and narrator. Download the audiobook today!

By Tillie Walden

Another YA title, this one a very big graphic novel. I enjoyed this coming of age story about Tillie. Tillie spends the book trying to figure out who she is and what she really wants in life. The reader gets to watch her grow and slowly become more and more comfortable with herself. We get to watch her make some tough decisions as she finally starts to take control of her life.

By Tae Keller

Stay tuned for a full review of this great story later this week!

Here is what I am currently reading (click on the title to learn more about the book):
By Holly Black

Just started listening to the audiobook version of this one. So far so good!

By Phil Bildner

This one is currently my independent reading time book in the classroom. I have been meaning to read it for quite some time now and was finally prompted to start it so that I could read it alongside one of my students. This particular student has a much better chance of sticking with a book if he has someone to talk with about the book as he is reading it! I am really enjoying it so far, as I was pretty sure I would!

No comments:

Post a Comment