Monday, January 22, 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? January 22, 2018


A great meme hosted by Jen at Teach Mentor Texts and Kellee at Unleashing Readers! A place for people to talk about books they have recently read and are currently reading. Also a great place to find books to add to your "must read" lists!

Here is what I have recently read (click on the title to learn more about the book):
By Vera Brosgol
I really enjoyed the diversity of the characters in this graphic novel! The main character, Vera, is just a Russian girl trying to fit in like everyone else. She finds this harder then most because of the fact that her family is Russian. She thinks that she has finally found a way to feel like she fits in when she discovers a Russian summer camp. She cant wait to spend the summer like the rest of her "friends" by attending summer camp. When she gets there, she quickly finds out that it isn't everything she dreamed it would be and she has to make some tough decisions about what type of person, and friend, she really wants to be.

By Jake Burt
Stay tuned for a full review of this great book later this week!

Here is what I am currently reading (click on the title to learn more about the book):

By Erin Entrada Kelly
Still working on this one! I keep forgetting to bring it home from school!

By Serena Valentino
I recently went on a short trip to Chicago and had this audiobook to keep me company! Now, it is only fair for me to first tell you that I am a huge Disney fan and that Maleficent is hands down my favorite villain. But because all of that is true, I was afraid that I would be disappointed by this story. I am happy to say that I wasn't! The story does get off to a bit of a slow start, and there are lots of different stories woven through, but all in all I have been thoroughly enjoying it! I only have a few chapters left and am intrigued to find out what fate Serena Valentino is going to hand Maleficent.

No comments:

Post a Comment