Monday, October 2, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? October 2, 2017


A great meme hosted by Jen at Teach Mentor Texts and and Kellee at Unleashing Readers! A place for people t talk about the books they have recently read and are currently reading. A great place to find books to add to your "must read" list!

Here is what I have recently read (click on the title to learn more about the book):
By Erin Downing

I really enjoyed this book by Erin Downing! I immediately book talked it to my students as soon as I finished it (I was selfish and had to read it first!). There is now a very long wait list!
Check back for my full review mid-week!

By Mira Bartok

Scroll down to see the full review that I wrote last week!

By MarcyKate Connolly

Check back tomorrow morning for my full review!

By Jason Reynolds

When was the last time you read something written by Jason Reynolds that you didn't think was amazing? Right, never! This is the second book in Reynold's Track series. The first book Ghost came out last August, and the third book, Sunny, comes out next April. I really enjoyed reading Ghost, but may have enjoyed Patina even more! 
As the main character, I really like Patina (Patty). She is brave and strong and feels like she has to act as a mother to her younger sister Maddy. All of this before she is even out of middle school. This is a great story about trying to fit in where you don't feel like you belong, and about finding the place where you can really be yourself without worrying about what other people think.
This book is immediately going into my classroom library!

2 comments: